A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Whenever anyone offers me Pedha...

CITIZEN MOMENTS SHARED BY MRS MRUDUL NADKAR,
STATE BANK OF INDORE, DHAR MAIN BRANCH


During the Citizenship Orientation Programme on 15.02.2010, Mrs Mrudul Nadkar shared her citizenship moments in the class which is as follows:-

“Some 12-13 years back, when I was sitting in the SB counter, at Dhar branch, one pensioner came and asked me whether I can make pension payment to him in advance ( i.e before the 1st). I told him that it is not possible and if he has any balance in his SB account, he can withdraw the same. He told me that his pregnant daughter came to his house for her delivery and his son-in-law is not ready to take her care. She requires operation immediately and he wants to take her to Indore for which he needs Rs. 8000/- and he has no money with him at the moment.

Then he came to hold my hand and told me “ I am of your father’s age. Believe me. Please give me Rs. 8000/- so that my daughter’s life can be saved.” While he was talking, his eyes became wet and he was looking towards me for my help. I gave him Rs. 8000/- immediately without even consulting to anyone.

After 2 months, he came with a sweet ( pedha) which was dry and very old wrapped in a dirty paper and offered me and told me that I have saved his daughter. His daughter gave birth to a son and as a result his son-in-law is now ready to take her home. I accepted that sweet. The sweet was so old that I was not able to eat it. So I kept it in the flower pot where a tulsi plant was planted. He returned my cash in installments.

Whenever anyone offers me a pedha I remember that moment, which gives me lot of inner fullness.”

Contributed by Sabu P Simon, Facilitator, SBLC, Indore

No comments:

Post a Comment