A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thanks to Citizen SBI!

An incident that I can never forget is the Divisima Cyclone on 19.11.1977.

I was doing my PG at Hindu College, Masulipatnam. Thousands lost their lives and people were left homeless. We formed a batches of 15 students to serve people. Under the leadership of the Superintendent of Police Shri Veeranarayana Reddy, we went to distant villages wading through sludge and distributed food, medicines, clothes to the needy. Financial help was provided by NGOs like CARE, CASA & Ramakrishna Mutt. Everyday we used to carry huge luggage and waded through mud to distribute the items.

The above incident is clearly etched in my mind. I received a certificate of appreciation from the SP, which I still display proudly to my children to make them understand the importance of serving society.

Although, I have received numerous appreciations, none of them were as fulfilling as the deep sense of satisfaction I derived by serving others. Desire to serve others has once again been recharged with CITIZEN SBI program and I am grateful to our Chairman for arranging such an excellent program which will stir the inner being of all the employees.

TSRK Prasad
Vijayawada

Courtesy: State Bank Times / Citizen SBI

No comments:

Post a Comment