A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Saturday, February 6, 2010

Self Realization by Assisting Others

A moment shared by one of the participants. He is so much impressed with the concept of positive contribution that he has vowed to impact his surroundings with his positive contributions.

Leading one’s life through self set values and beliefs is a boon, And earning bread and butter by pursuing activities of one’s own interest is God’s grace.


I joined SBI in January 2009 as an Assistant at Govt Estate Branch, Gadag [Bangalore Circle]. Earlier I was working as a lecturer in a College in Mangalore [a coastal port city of Karnataka] teaching under graduate students of B.B.M. course.


True to its vision the College has more than 70% student population from families who have never visited the college portals in their entire life. I was happy as teaching is one of my passions. After a six month stint teaching them now I have joined SBI.


While at College I found a good cultured boy, also a state walker champion lagging behind in studies. He was in third year and out of his last four semester 24 subjects he was yet to clear 18!


After a lot of persuasion this boy opened up. I took him to a clinical psychologist and a psychiatrist. They confirmed examination tension symptoms based on his explanation of exam experience. Subsequently after persuasion, he met a psychiatrist as suggested by these consultants. I followed their instructions to advice and guide according to the situation. In his next semester exam he passed 3 subjects out of 6!


Later, he once told me “Sir, no one had belief in me. I had lost hopes of becoming the first graduate from my family. My parents could not understand my emotional constraints. They could just support me financially. At this point of time, you evinced interest in me, believed in my strengths and the result is that I have changed .Today I believe in my strengths and in myself because you have belief in me.”


On the day when I was bidding goodbye to join SBI a group of students met me in their last attempt to persuade me not to leave. During the conversation, a girl burst into tears as she thought I was leaving because of her pranks! Other three had tears saying “Sir, please visit us in the college once in a while. We may never get such a good lecturer as you”.


These are the most treasured moments. Having joined SBI here and being away, I have never met them again.. They still call me for guidance. I’m happy for being a little assistance to them and bring change in one’s life.


(We are grateful to Shri R S Prakash, Senior Facilitator and Citizen-SBI for sending us this moment and look forward to more contributions from him - CitizenSBI Blog)

No comments:

Post a Comment