A Chronicle of Enlightened Citizenship Movement in the State Bank of India

A micro portal for all human beings seeking authentic happiness, inner fulfillment and a meaningful life
==============================================

Monday, February 22, 2010

Hi, My Name Is Blind...and I Am Not A Loser!

THE SPIRIT IS WILLING
AND THE FLESH IS ALSO NOT WEAK!

Listening to the laughter and lively talks of a 20 year old over the phone, his boyish jokes, his creative thoughts, his dreams, his emotions, his love for his mom and that he is a physiotherapist at his age, one can only marvel at the miracle that Dr. Harshit is - visually impaired but living life to its fullest!
A gold medalist, Dr. Harshit is the proud son of Smt. Pratima Jaithwar, of State Bank of Indore , I.E. Branch, Ratlam and Shri Kailash C. Jaithwar of SBBJ, Ratlam. He completed his secondary and college education by listening to recorded cassettes of subjects in his syllabus. He is able to independently operate his computer, mobile and also the ATM, the credit for which he passes on to his dear mother.
Harshit loves branded clothes, even had Aamir’s Ghazni style hair cut once, and loves life. A mother’s heart weeps at the fate of the son on his inability to see the colorful world- but Harshit consoles her that he has been very fortunate that he could see its beauty for twelve years and reminds her of those who are born blind!
Reproduced below is his address to us, a brief version of how he has met life, straight on its face:


“Hi, My name is BLIND and I am not a Loser!




Dr Harshit Jaithwar Rathore

In my journey, I saw many ups and downs like others. I lost my eyesight at the age of 12yrs.

Firstly, I lost my vision in one eye at the age of 4yrs and in the 2nd one at 12yrs. Doctors say that I had retinal detachment and there is not much treatment available in this field.



However, many researches are going on in this field to root out blindness because there are around 50 million blinds in the world and among those, 2 million blind cases are directly or indirectly related to this problem. About 50% cases are here in India only. Note these are only registered blinds; otherwise the numbers will be much higher than expected.



My education was in the normal school and my all teachers and friends have played a major role to play in my life..



I did my 10th with Mathematics and then 12th in Biology which was the most difficult task for anyone blind and finally became a milestone for me.



Then I completed my Physiotherapy course from one of the prestigious Medical college from Ahmedabad and managed to bring the gold medal in Madhya Pradesh 1st time in the 50yrs of my college history and became youngest Physiotherapist of my college. There I learned my mobility, my integrated courses for survival and became independent.



I was associated with many of the prestigious hospitals among which Narayan Sewa Sansthan, Udaipur is one of the examples. Presently I am having my personal Physiotherapy centre at Ratlam (MP) and also preparing for various post graduation entrance tests.



In my journey there are two eyes through which I can see the world and which transmit vision’s sensory impulses to the brain, whether to see
sweet dreams or any nightmares etc.

If God is there on the Earth, then here is the God. These are like God to me... Yes, they are my parents, who are always with me in each and every sphere of life. I am very fortunate that I am having such great parents who always motivate me and encourage me.



As we all know, in the end of all stories, all gets well and if not, then the story is still to go, and my story is also not completed till yet and I am sure, will go a long long way...”

Warm regards to all of you!

Dr. Harshit Jaithwar Rathore
Cure 4 Sure
Physiotherapy Health Care Centre
Kasturba Nagar, Near BSNL Office
Ratlam (Madya Pradesh)
Email: c4s2009@gmail.com
Skype ID: hary.rules
Mobile: +91-9981238987


Harshit’s words, “My name is BLIND”, hit the hardest. And in it, he has a profound message for all of us. Insensitively, we address the physically challenged as blind, lame, deaf, dumb, etc. They all have a name and seldom do we talk about them by their name. Why should they be addressed by their physical challenges, when they have emerged victorious over it and have stood up to be counted? Where do the masses stand with their self created problems, when these miracle makers forge ahead, leading others, as path finders, despite their genuine physical limitations?
Harshit is enthusiastic about Valentine’s Day and with his usual laughter shares his grandma’s idea of him holding a red rose and waiting at the door of his care center for someone to accept it.
Would you love to accept a rose from him?
“Dear Harshit, Citizen SBI Blog with all like minded readers today, apologizes to you and vows never to address anyone by their physical challenges. We love you and are very proud of you.
"And look at all the blooming red roses all around you, touching you in an abundant flow of love for you. And yes, you deserve much more than that!”

Contributed by Ms Harina, Citizen Facilitator, SBLC, Indore.

5 comments:

  1. CitizenSBI blog has received the following comments on the post. Thank you.

    Adukuri Jagannath Rao (Hyderabad):
    Three cheers to him and we wholeheartedly agree he is not a loser,but a winner all the way.

    Vasudha Sundararaman (Mumbai):
    Harshit sees with the eyes of his mind and those of his parents and anyone who loves him. Many of us with fully functional eyes are yet blind to the world around us. He has been very aptly named. Kudos to him for all that he has accomplished and all that he going to in future given the kind of person he is.

    R. NATARAJAN(Guwahati):
    Thanks for this emotional post from Citizen SBI Blog, Sir. My eyes were literally filled with tears on reading those confident lines of the young Doctor and also the commitment Ms. Harina had given that hereafter we will not address anyone with the physical challeges they face!!!! Pl convey my special thanks to Madam Harina too.

    Radhika Bisht: I was all in tears when I read about the plight of Harshit. May God bless him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sir, today my wife said that after reading the post of Dr. Harshit, she wept and realised the importance of life. A new reader added to this Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. neeraj-jaipur
    while reading this blog i felt very senti and realized that never to loose confidence nd always move keep move on no metter how many huddles we face in our life.
    it was very great nd inspiring blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very inspiring! I am 80yrs old lady & this little boy Dr. Harshit had encouraged & given me a new reason and hope of living life, if he can live and enjoy life without eyes then why can't I? I will definetly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog contains very important information for all of us who used to have a hope and gives us some new reasons to appreciate our life no matter what happens. Everybody, be happy.

    ReplyDelete